Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tasty Tuesday
Wendy's Chili
By
GosselinGirl
I love to eat chili during the winter months. Sometimes, I don't always have time to make my own and so, I stop by Wendy's and get me a bowl. Have you ever wondered how they make it taste so good? Well, you are in luck because I found the recipe for their chili. Now, you can make it at home and save yourself a trip. 

Wendy's Chili

Author: CopyKat Recipes
Recipe Type: Wendy's, soup, chili recipe, copy cat recipe
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 1 hr 30 min
Total time: 1 hr 45 min
Serves: 1
Ingredients
  • 2 pounds freshly ground beef
  • 4 cups (1 quart) tomato juice
  • 1 (29-ounce) can tomato purée
  • 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
  • 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, drained ** note new addition
  • 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1½ cups)
  • 1/2 cup celery, diced
  • 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
  • 1/4 cup chili powder (you may want to use less)
  • 1 teaspoon cumin (if you like real flavor, add more)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon sugar
  • 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Instructions
In a frying pan, brown the ground beef, then drain off the fat. Put the beef and the remaining ingredients into a 6-quart pot. Cover the pot and let the chili simmer for 1 to 1½ hours, stirring every 15 minutes. You an also put this in the crock pot on low for 3 to 4 hours while the chili simmers.

8 comments:

  1. That chili recipe looks fabulous! I am going to bookmark your page and try this. Yum!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks and it taste just like theirs....enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Mom used to cook a lot with tomato juice. I liked it and am now wondering why I haven't used juice in my own recipes. This recipe looks great. I'll try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this recipe! I LOVE their chili! I am making this very soon! :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks Darlene.It is really good and simple to make. Thanks for stopping by to read my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks beachlover!!! Left me know when you make it...I will be right over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, another recipe I'm just going to have to try! We should all create a cookbook together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, we should Susan. That sounds like a terrific idea. Glad you stopped by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete