Sunday, February 26, 2012


This weeks blog is for the Writer's Post 

 Week #36 Blogger’s Choice!!


The Would Be Robbers
By
GosselinGirl 

You are not going to believe this story. So, sit back and listen up. I have a story to tell you and it is a bit unusual.

I was working the third shift, late Wednesday night. It was a usual night with all the regulars and such. My friend, Raymond, drives a tow truck and decided to pay me a visit. Only this visit would be a little bit different. You see, Raymond always has some great stories for me. While I don't know about you, I love a good story.

On this particular night, he was a little bit move livid than usual. He told me that I was not going to believe what he was about to tell me. I said, " try me." So, he began a story that started with a dispatch for two guys stuck in a ditch in Ponte Vedra. If you are not familiar with  Ponte Vedra, it is an area where all the rich live...like three or four million dollar houses and up. It is also an area that is near Sawgrass, which is where Tiger Woods plays golf. I think you get the big picture.

The call came in and Raymond drove his tow truck to the address given. When he arrived, two men dressed in black were standing by two panel trucks. The trucks were both stuck in a ditch at the end of the driveway. It was very dark so, Raymond shined his light on them. The men were both dressed in black from head to toe with their faces painted all black. Raymond told them that he could not tow them out with the truck that he had at the moment. The men told him that if he went and got the bigger truck to tow them out, then he could take his pick of what he wanted as a payment. Hmm, Raymond told them both that he would be back in about 30 minutes. Next, he drove his tow truck to where I was working and called the cops.

The cops arrived in about 10 minutes. I have never seen so many cops in one place. Except for maybe at the Dunkin Donuts on a Saturday morning. he he    Out came the guns, body armor, and black makeup for their faces. Within just a few minutes they were suited up and  were following Raymond in the tow truck.

 

The cops surrounded the house. The would be robbers were caught still standing next to their panel trucks stuck in the ditch. Seriously, how stupid can one be? Who in their right mind would call a tow truck during a robbery? I don't know about you, but that is just too funny. 

I guess there should be some rules for doing such a thing. First, make sure you know how to drive up and down a driveway. Second, if you get stuck....never call a TOW TRUCK to help get you unstuck. Finally, never ever stay at the scene waiting for a tow truck to come back. It just goes to show you that crime does not pay.

As for the would be robbers, both of them were caught red handed and will be spending a long time locked away. I guess this will give them plenty of time to think about what they could have done differently. LOL Until next time, when I give you a glimpse into my little world...Be Safe Out There.

Turn On Your Speakers




6 comments:

  1. LOL, that was funny, to be sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks November Rain. Glad you stopped by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG how stupid can you get? That is too funny!! Great story Mary!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kathy!!! I couldn't believe it myself. I couldn't stop laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This needs to be on that "stupid criminal" tv show.... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Darlene!!! Glad you stopped by to read my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete