Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Peanut Butter Pinwheels

Tasty Tuesday

Peanut Butter Pinwheels
By
GosselinGirl

Growing up, my Momma was and still is an excellent cook. I can remember her making this candy for our family. It is an old recipe, I believe that has been handed down from generation to generation. While it is very sweet, one bite and I am transformed back to my childhood to a time when life was all about the surprise. My Momma always had a surprise for us and this candy well...makes me smile. 
  • 1lb powdered sugar (3 3/4 cups)
  • 1 stick butter (1/2 cup) melted and cooled
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3 tbs heavy cream
  • good quality peanut butter (about 1 1/2 cups) room temp
sugar doughMix sugar, butter, and vanilla. Add cream slowly (1 Tbs at a time) until a dough forms.
rolled out sugar doughKnead on board covered with powdered sugar at least 5 minutes. It should be nice and smooth. Divide in half. Roll out between two sheets of plastic wrap.
ready to rollRemove top sheet of plastic. Spread dough with Peanut Butter. Roll up jelly-roll style.
candy logCover with plastic wrap. Chill until firm.
Use a sharp, clean knife to cut 1/4″ slices.
Keep this candy refrigerated . . . I keep it wrapped and just cut off a slice when I want a fix.You can also wrap it tightly and place it in the freezer.


 

4 comments:

  1. This sounds really good and fairly easy to make! I am going to give this one a go!!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow
    This is a great recipe. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, those sound yummy! I have some peanut butter lovers in my house! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kathy, Laura, and beachlover. This candy has to be served chilled and once you make it, it will soon become a tradition in your family. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete